Director of Online Legal English Program
Georgetown University Law Center's International Legal Writing and Language Program is hiring a Director for its Online Legal English Program. Applications are due July 31, 2019.
The Director of the Online Legal English Program (OLE) creates, revises and implements the online Legal English courses and oversees curriculum development and lesson planning for these courses. S/he works with the Center for New Designs in Learning & Scholarship (CNDLS) and other online program design professionals, to conceptualize, design, create, refine, and implement the online platform used to deliver OLE's online courses and programs. The Director supervises, manages and liaises with CNDLS and online design professionals on behalf of the Law Center and the OLE program, and is responsible for maintaining the online platform with the assistance of relevant professionals as well as incorporating the latest developments and trends. The Director has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
Curriculum Design. Teaching, and Advising
- Designs classes in the Online Legal English Program.
- Teaches three sessions per year of two six-week online Legal English classes: 1) US Legal English; and 2) US Legal Research and Writing.
- Advises students on course and LL.M. degree program selections, as the academic advisor for all Two-Year LL.M. students in their first year of the Program.
- Supervises, manages, and liaises with CNDLS and online design professionals on behalf of the Law Center and the OLE program.
- Maintains the online platform with the assistance of relevant professionals, incorporating the latest developments and trends.
- Supervises the work of other instructors in the Online Legal English Program and a student assistant.
- Interviews prospective adjuncts, teaching fellows, and student assistants.
- Communicates with the Registrar's Office and Law School staff to ensure that students are registered for courses and have the correct information about guidelines and deadlines.
- Schedules classes in collaboration with staff and instructors.
- Writes scholarly articles and/or books.
- Represents the Online Legal English Program at meetings and conferences, and present at conferences.
- Candidates with both a Ph.D. and J.D. are preferred
- Strong background in ESL pedagogy, US law, and the US legal system, as well as online education and technology
- Applicants with a J.C. degree and significant experience working with non-native speakers of English are encouraged to apply
To apply, click here.
600 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001