The LWI New Teacher Training Bootcamp is a new initiative that will offer training and advice for new teachers of 1L legal writing, as well as opportunities to connect with other new legal writing teachers and experienced faculty.
2022 Program is available here.
**There's still time to access the recordings from the live event as well as the materials provided by the presenters!! Access the recorded version by clicking on the registration button or clicking on this link: register!**
The Bootcamp will cover a variety of topics. Examples of likely topics are included below. The Bootcamp is exclusively focused on concepts related to classroom teaching, not scholarship.
- Syllabus creation and design
- LRW Problem Design/Execution
- Grading/Giving Feedback
- DEI in the LRW Classroom
- LRW Classroom Activities
- LRW Classroom Management
- Using technology to teach legal writing or using technology for feedback
- Pitfalls of teaching legal writing and what to do about them
- Universal Design in LRW
- Asking for Help/Advice/Mentorship
- Balancing teaching (especially 1L teaching) with other responsibilities
- Situating LRW in the larger 1L curriculum
- Individual attendee $225
- Institution (5+ attendees from one law school) $1000
- Recording only (no access to live event) $100
- Discounted rate for those registered for the LWI Biennial Conference $50
- email Kristen Murray for LWI Biennial registration discount code or to inquire about need-based pricing