The LWI New Teacher Training Bootcamp is a new initiative that will offer training and advice for new teachers of 1L legal writing, as well as opportunities to connect with other new legal writing teachers and experienced faculty.
The Bootcamp will cover a variety of topic. Examples of likely topics are included below. The Bootcamp is exclusively focused on concepts related to classroom teaching, not scholarship.
- Syllabus creation and design
- LRW Problem Design/Execution
- Grading/Giving Feedback
- DEI in the LRW Classroom
- LRW Classroom Activities
- LRW Classroom Management
- Using technology to teach legal writing or using technology for feedback
- Pitfalls of teaching legal writing and what to do about them
- Universal Design in LRW
- Asking for Help/Advice/Mentorship
- Balancing teaching (especially 1L teaching) with other responsibilities
- Situating LRW in the larger 1L curriculum